Morristown, New Jersey
The Morristown Parking Authority/ Geraldine R. Dodge Foundation
The project includes approximately 28,000 sq. ft. of office space and a 750Â± space parking garage. The project was designed under the USGBC LEED Version 2.1 Guidelines and achieved LEED Gold Certification:
- 11 Credits under Sustainable Sites including Site Selection, Development Density, Alternative Transportation, Reduced Site Disturbance, Stormwater management and Heat Island Effect. One of the contributing factors in this category is the Green Roof.
- 4 Credits in Water Efficiency thru the use of rooftop plant materials that require no irrigation and a water use reduction plan greater than 30%.
- 13 Credits under Energy and Atmosphere including a high performance building envelope, Geothermal wells, Rooftop Photovoltaic providing almost 25% of building peak demand with remaining power purchased from renewable resources.
- 6 Credits under Materials and Resources starting with Construction Waste Management diverting almost 99% from landfills, recycled and regional materials and certified wood.
- 5 Credits under Innovation and Design. This includes education programs, green cleaning program development of unique zoning ordinances among others.