West Orange, New Jersey
Prism Property Services, LLC
West Orange Redevelopment – Phase 1 is an adaptive reuse of a 4.45 acre industrial site including the Historic Thomas Edison Battery Building located on Main Street in the Township of West Orange. The goal is to revitalize the abandoned industrial site and bring new residential and retail vitality to the Main Street. The project includes the following:
- Rehabilitation of the existing 6-story 430,000 sf industrial building into a 300 unit apartment building with 23,000 sf of amenities on the ground floor.
- Exterior of the existing building will preserve its original industrial appearance with large window openings and original masonry finishes
- On Main Street a new building will be constructed; consisting of 18,000 sf of convenience retail and 32 dwelling units above the retail spaces.
- Behind the Main Street retail building, a 5-story parking garage will be added to support the retail and residential use.
- Between the existing and new buildings are landscaped courtyards with water amenities, formal and informal gathering areas, and a diversity of plants to create seasonal interest and green respite.
- The project is targeted for LEED certification.
Bloomfield, New Jersey
Prism Property Services, LLC
Construction commenced in late 2011 for The Parkway Lofts, a signature multi-family adaptive reuse project located in convenient proximity to regional rail and bus service. The General Electric Company in 1897 built the landmark, six-story warehouse that Prism is redeveloping into 361 loft-style apartments. The loft style apartments will benefit from the 17 foot floor to floor ceiling heights and original warehouse concrete structure with heavy floor load capacity. A new story will be added to the roof with additional apartments that include private outdoor terrace space and distant views including the Manhattan skyline. The project also includes a free-standing three-level parking facility. Phase I was completed in 2013. Upon full site development, the property will be transformed into a distinctive, high-density residential village also featuring approximately 170 for-sale townhomes, a clubhouse and other lifestyle amenities, to be built as part of Phase II.
Central New Jersey
Interior design and finish selection for a 10,800 square foot, 6-bedroom custom home renovation of an existing farmhouse. The project also included specification, purchasing and installation for complete furnishing of the home.
- Finish and furnishing scheme includes cool neutrals with accents of crystal and green.
- Wide plank cherry hardwood flooring throughout all three levels.
- Design of custom wood molding profiles including crown and base molding, window and door trim, and tray ceiling in master bedroom.
- Custom window treatments.
- Custom designed, hand painted children’s murals including a Where the Wild Things Are interpretation.
- Finished basement including entertainment area, custom leather-upholstered bar, skee-ball and pinball arcade, and children’s soft gym.