West Orange, New Jersey
Prism Property Services, LLC
West Orange Redevelopment – Phase 1 is an adaptive reuse of a 4.45 acre industrial site including the Historic Thomas Edison Battery Building located on Main Street in the Township of West Orange. The goal is to revitalize the abandoned industrial site and bring new residential and retail vitality to the Main Street. The project includes the following:
- Rehabilitation of the existing 6-story 430,000 sf industrial building into a 300 unit apartment building with 23,000 sf of amenities on the ground floor.
- Exterior of the existing building will preserve its original industrial appearance with large window openings and original masonry finishes
- On Main Street a new building will be constructed; consisting of 18,000 sf of convenience retail and 32 dwelling units above the retail spaces.
- Behind the Main Street retail building, a 5-story parking garage will be added to support the retail and residential use.
- Between the existing and new buildings are landscaped courtyards with water amenities, formal and informal gathering areas, and a diversity of plants to create seasonal interest and green respite.
- The project is targeted for LEED certification.