Staten Island, New York
URBY Staten Island is located at the site of the former Navy Homeport, on Staten Island’s North Shore. The site is surrounded by city parks, including a new riverfront esplanade between the project and the Hudson River. Across the river there are stunning views of Lower Manhattan, Brooklyn, and the Verrazano Bridge.
The building is designed to provide a high quality of living in a smaller footprint. Instead of a typical underutilized residential lobby, there is a coffee shop to welcome residents and guests. There is also a communal kitchen with flex space for cooking classes and other social events. The residential units have built-in shelves and desks in the living spaces and a higher level of finish provide more livability than typically found in smaller unit designs.
- The project is targeting LEED silver
- 571 studio, one bedroom, and two bedroom rental units in phase 1
- Over 30,000 square feet of retail
- Amenity spaces include a fitness center for the residents, a communal kitchen, and a landscaped courtyard with pool, play area, and urban farm
- The cellar level includes parking for 200 cars, residential storage, and storage for 430 bicycles
Design Architect: Concrete
Photo Credit: Ewout Huibers for Concrete