West Orange, New Jersey
Prism Capital Partners
As Edison Lofts is a modern-day Adaptable Reuse of a century old Battery Factory of Thomas Edison in the heart of West Orange, NJ. Along with Prism Capital Partners, Minno & Wasko repurposed this uniquely designed 400,000 square-foot historic battery factory, known as The Residences at Edison Lofts, into a vibrant community of 300 luxury residential units.
The architecture of Edison Lofts has preserved the industrial appearance of the famous factory while creating an exemplary living and retail experience to residents and visitors. Offering 21 penthouse units, plus 279 luxury studios and one-, two- and three-bedroom apartments ranging from 590 to 1,500 square feet, the spacious light-filled interiors boast 10-and-a-half foot exposed ceilings and large windows. In addition, the newly constructed “The Mews at Edison Lofts,” provides 34 one- and two-bedroom apartments ranging from 746 to 1,336 square feet, 18,400 sf of retail, and a three-story, 630-space garage.
- Adaptive Reuse of an existing 6-story 430,000 sf industrial building into 300-unit luxury apartments
- 23,000 sf of amenities on the ground floor. Preservation of the building’s original industrial appearance
- Additional construction of “The Mews at Edison Lofts” on Main Street consisting of 18,000 sf of convenience retail and 32 luxury apartments
- 5-story 630-space parking garage
- Landscaped courtyards with water amenities, formal and informal gathering areas.
- The project is targeted for LEED certification.